Duration: 2.5 hours
Experience the tropical moist forest without having to watch your step. The farm sits in a somewhat untouched hidden gem where outdoorsy travelers can ride through miles with deeply green jungle teeming with some of the world’s best wildlife.
Situated at the foothills of the majestic Corcovado National Park, gentle horses will bring you safely through pastureland greeting other farm animals, to traditional plantations and to a lesser-known abandoned indigenous site.
Follow the track of the tapir in the primary rain forest where you may come face-to-face with coatis, monkeys, owl, tapir or any other living species on the Osa Peninsula.
- Experience the uniqueness of the primary humid tropical rainforest
- Enjoy the intimacy of a private tour
- Ride alongside an extremely diverse biome
- Enjoy a close encounter with wildlife
- Only 15 minutes from Puerto Jiménez
- Operates year-round, 7 days a week
- Private, local, bilingual, experienced and licensed naturalist guide
- High-quality saddle, equipments and safety helmet
- Gentle horses adapted for adults and children
- First-aid kit
- Complimentary drink and fruit snacks
- Motorboat shaded by a T-Top and seating for all guests
The farm provides:
- Bathroom with toilet paper and soap
- Potable water
- Rooftop rest area
What to bring?
- Water bottle
- Sunblock and Insect repellent
- Long pants
- Closed-up shoes
- Raincoat or poncho (in the rainy season)
Why book with us?
- Emails and phone calls answered in English, Spanish or French
- Safety experience is our priority
- Eco and sustainable tours
- Professional, experienced and certified guides
- Helping and supporting locals
- Competitive prices
- Fair cancellation policy
- No hidden fees
- Rated 5-stars on TripAdvisor
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Departure time is flexible. We operate the horseback riding tour between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Let us know the departure time that most fit your schedule and we will let you know the availability.
- Children of all ages are welcome. You must have a body carrier for babies. Small children (under 5) will be riding with one of the parent for free. From 5 years old children ride their own horse (attached to the guide horse if they have no experience).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Must have a valid travel insurance
- Must advise of any particular health conditions before booking
- Tour available all days of the year upon reservation. We can not guaranty availability of last minute reservations. If you show up without reservation, you will not be able to start the tour right away as the guides might be on an other tour or need to have the horses ready with saddle.
- Transportation from your hotel or lodge is available for an additional price.
We are located in Monterrey of Cañaza. 15-20 minutes from Puerto Jiménez.
Once you make your reservation, we send you the exact location and how to get here.
Let us know if you need transportation, we can organize it for you. The price for transport will depend on your location.
This tour is fully refundable if cancelled. We would appreciate a 24-hour notice if you need to cancel.