Duration: 2 hours
6:00 AM and 3:00 PM
This Bird Watching Tour takes place in an area where hundreds of species of birds made the Osa Peninsula there forever home or migrating one.
Led by an enthusiastic birding naturalist guide, you will learn interesting facts either about the bird song, behavior, reproduction, habitat, diet, and predators. Discover birds native to Costa Rica, migratory birds, and what birds may be near extinction.
When you embark on the experience, you will feel like you are in an oasis. Start the tour walking by a large variety of fruit trees that attract a range of tropical avian species. Your senses will immediately be heightened with the awareness at what attracts the birds.
Explore in wonder as you possibly discover parakeets, parrots, hummingbirds, trogons, toucans, woodpeckers, fiery-billed aracari, flycatchers, tanagers, owls and falcons. During the Bird Watching Tour, it is possible to spot over than 50 species!
Just when you think it cannot get any better, it does. You will continue your birdlife exploration on a 70-meter long hanging bridge in the tropical jungle where you get closer to the tree tops. From these incredible heights, you may discover some endemic and endangered species.
Along the way, you will pass by a giant 100+ year old tree, where dozens of species make nests and take refuge.
The tour lasts 2 hours, but an avid bird lover and photographer may want to extend it for an additional 2 hours.
- Experience the uniqueness of the tropical rainforest
- Enjoy the intimacy of a private tour
- Hike alongside an extremely diverse biome
- Enjoy a close encounter with birds
- Only 15 kilometers from Puerto Jiménez
- Operates year-round, 7 days a week
- Private, local, bilingual, experienced and licensed naturalist guide
- High-quality optical equipment (spoting scope & binocular)
- First-aid kit
- Complimentary drink and fruit snack
The farm provides:
- Bathroom with toilet paper and soap
- Potable water
- Rooftop rest area
What to bring?
- Water bottle
- Sunblock and Insect repellent
- Closed-up shoes
Why book with us?
- Emails and phone calls answered in English, Spanish or French
- Safety experience is our priority
- Eco and sustainable tours
- Professional, experienced and certified guides
- Helping and supporting locals
- Competitive prices
- Fair cancellation policy
- No hidden fees
- Rated 5-stars on TripAdvisor
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Departure time is flexible. For an optimal bird watching experience, we recommend 6:00 AM or 3:00 PM.
- Tour available all days of the year upon reservation. We can not guaranty availability of a last minute reservation. If you show up without reservation, we may not have guides available immediately.
- Transportation from your hotel or lodge is available for an additional price.
We are located in Monterrey of Cañaza. 15-20 minutes from Puerto Jiménez.
Once you make a reservation, we send you the exact location and how to get here.
Let us know if you need transportation, we can organize it for you. The price for transport will depend on your location.
24-hour notice is required if you need to cancel.